Friday, October 5, 2007

life at the firm


I have a boss who likes to have meetings for the sake of having meetings. I swear to God just so he can get us all in the same room at onetime and force us to be pleasant to each other for 1 hour. He gives us "agendas" with "topics of discussion," this is of course all BS. Usually he has his mind made up about what he wants done SO discussion is really pointless. If you don't watch what you say about his ideas you might have to deal with him holding a grudge for the next millennium and overly scrutinizing every action you take and every syllable you utter. Did I tell you I think he's bipolar? Well I don't know for sure but HE IS BIPOLAR. One week he is a paranoid sarcastic cynical ball of fire gremlin from hell and the next week he is riddled with narcolepsy and doesn't get any joke that comes out of any ones mouth because he is so dazed and is wandering absent minded through his childhood daydreams.

So we had a "meeting" today. The agenda stated that the topics would be office hours, work schedule, and attitude...I swear frigging hate meetings(did I already say that?). If you want to change the hours and schedule just do it. He knows what any of our schedule conflicts are and that we have been working said conflicts out for a decade because we've all been here doing the same stinkin job for that long. So just send a memo and change the hours. And the attitude part well he just wanted to make sure nobody had anything chappin' their rear...as if he wouldn't know about it already and like we would just bust out with it in front of the entire staff!! Never gonna happen. Grievances will always be aired privately and then only when the person has had an absolute buttfull and can not take one second more of the ridiculousness.

Make me drive an hour on Friday for this and THEN make me pay for my own lunch?!?! You have GOT to be kidding. Whaa? You aren't? Oh I thought I woke up in one of my old college nightmares but unfortunately this is my real life-AAAGGGHHH!

So anyway, I am so very glad it is Friday. I am going to go home and drink a couple of mojitos and watch What Not to Wear and take two Tylenol PMs and go comatose for a full eight hours.

Not really. Actually I get to go chaperone a hayride and bonfire for a group of 7th through 12th graders...this really is one of my college nightmares... pleaseletmewakeup pleaseletmewakeup pleaseletmewakeup pleaseletmewakeup please...you get the point

Did I tell you I love my job at the firm and am so blessed to have it?!?!

No comments: